Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

using an email from a deleted account

Solved!

using an email from a deleted account

Plan

Free

Country

UK

Device

(Hp laptop, Huawei p20 pro)

Operating System

(Android 10, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I had an account which has now been deleted as i was wanting to use the email tied to that account through Facebook as i want an account not tied to my Facebook. It has now been 3 days since i have deleted the account and whenever i try to change my email it says that it is still in use but when i try and change the password for my old account it says that the email is no longer tied to any account. Do i have to wait 7 days till the account is fully deleted in order to use the email tied to old account? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Penguin9, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Yes, you will have to wait 7 days from the date you closed your old account to use the email address for the new account. After 7 days, you can use the email address from the old account for the new one with no problem. 

You are able to create an account here and use the email address on the old account after 7 days. 

Hope you'll find this useful. If you need anything else, just let me know. I'd be happy to help!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Penguin9, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Yes, you will have to wait 7 days from the date you closed your old account to use the email address for the new account. After 7 days, you can use the email address from the old account for the new one with no problem. 

You are able to create an account here and use the email address on the old account after 7 days. 

Hope you'll find this useful. If you need anything else, just let me know. I'd be happy to help!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts