Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

using spotify on Sony Xperia *without* a PlayStation account

using spotify on Sony Xperia *without* a PlayStation account

Hi there,

I recently bought a Sony Xperia phone and started using Spotify on it (free account). Worked well for some days but now, directly after log in, I am asked to "Link Accounts" with a PlayStation account and the app doesn't take No for an answer -- if I say "not now" I end up back at the log in screen. The problem is, I don't have a playstation, I don't have a playstation account, and I don't see any point in creating one.

Can I use Spotify without a playstation account on a Sony Phone?

Thanks in advance to any hints!

5 Replies

Hey mate,

This sounds very strange. Have you ever had a Playstation linked to your account? Friends playstation or something?

Otherwise i would recommend just getting in touch with customer care and tell them your issue. 

Nope. Never. Funny isn't it? Thanks for the link!

yeah really strange this one 😃 might be some native xperia setting but even that sounds weird 😃 hope customer care could help you out mate 😃

I am facing the same problem. I even made an account at Sony Playstation, but linking the accounts takes forever to finish. And choosing "Not now" option takes you back to the login screen. I wonder how you solved this problem. 

Have you guys ever had any other PS accounts? This could also be one of the issues i understand.

Suggested posts