Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

via Facebook with an old email (please help, it's hard)

via Facebook with an old email (please help, it's hard)

I created a spotify account via facebook years ago, with an old email to which I have no longer access. I changed it on Facebook and I figured that would've been changed on Spotify too. As you know, it didn't happen, but I only noticed a few days ago, when I tried to get a student discount premium account. I was sending infos and documents, but never getting a reply from Spotify. Wandering on my account I found out it was on the old email, so I tried to change it: not possible. I tried to contact the assistance: they will reply to me on the old email address, so I will never be able to read the response. I thought about closing my account and then making a new one: the last passage is to click on a link they have sent me on my old email address. This is insane, I don't know what to do.
I have another account, based on my actual email account, and I tried to get the student discount on that account: impossible. Probably because I already uploaded my infos on the other account. I have no idea what to do, I have never dealt with such adversity.

Plus, I am in Italy, and all the possible services are in english. Not that I don't understand it, but I'm upset I'm not able to talk to the phone with someone who speaks my own language and who could help me solve this, like every other company allowes to.
I thank you in advance for your help.

1 Reply

Hey @MartF.

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

If this didn't help, log in on your Facebook profile and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information.

Give it 48 hours and it should sync your info 🙂

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts