Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

weird spotify account issues

Solved!

weird spotify account issues

So I wanted to listen to spotify through the aux cord on my way home from work and it wanted me to login, which I thought was weird since I haven't done that in a while because it's always been logged in for me.  So I turned on the radio instead and when I got home, I tried logging in with the information I had written down.  It didn't work. So I decided to reset my password and in the e-mail it says the username for my e-mail is a different one that I don't remember changing it to.  So I reset my password and find that none of my playlists are there. It's the same thing on my computer too.  Some of my playlists I don't care about, but there were two that I kept adding to and they each had about 100 songs each. I'm just frustrated and confused because I don't know why I was logged off, my was username changed, and all my playlists are gone. I last listened to my spotify 2 weeks ago, but that shouldn't matter and they should still all be there. I was hoping to talk to an actual person, but I guess this way I can know if others have had the same problem.  So please thank you to anyone who read all this and I hope you have a solution.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry that your playlists are missing. Luckly, there is an easy solution to get deleted playlists back. Follow these steps listed on Spotify's support page for recoving playlists and you will have them back in no time:

1. Log in to your account page on our website.
  2. Click Recover playlist on the left. 
  3. Click Restore by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify. The newly restored playlist should appear at the bottom of your playlist collection.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Sorry that your playlists are missing. Luckly, there is an easy solution to get deleted playlists back. Follow these steps listed on Spotify's support page for recoving playlists and you will have them back in no time:

1. Log in to your account page on our website.
  2. Click Recover playlist on the left. 
  3. Click Restore by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify. The newly restored playlist should appear at the bottom of your playlist collection.

I tried that and it's like a new account was created bc my playlists aren't there.

I also discovered that my premium is missing, so if you know how to fix that, it would help a lot

If you have premium and it is not showing up, it does seem to be a different account. I would recommend using the Spotify password reset and typing if your previous account's username. After getting access to your account you can recover the playlists in your account page and enjoy premium again. Hope this works!

I tried that and it's still not working. When I did do the Spotify password reset, the username it said for that e-mail was something different and I don't remember changing it to that

Suggested posts