Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

why can't I put a space in my username?

Solved!

why can't I put a space in my username?

Everyone at my job uses Spotify. And almost everyone has a space between their first and last name. But when I try to create a username it tells me spaces are not allowed. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!
Spaces between first and last names allowed if you are creating your account through Facebook. And will be displayed as facebook accounts Name and Surname.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!
Spaces between first and last names allowed if you are creating your account through Facebook. And will be displayed as facebook accounts Name and Surname.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

You can create an account using username and password, and then you can connect it to your Facebook in the app settings or on the account page.

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

After connecting to Facebook it will show your name that you use on Facebook (can take up to 24 hours to update)

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I don't have a Facebook account. I don't know why such a restriction is put in place to begin with.

Same issue, My company only has a facebook page.

Can someone fix this? I don't understand why it isnt allowed...

Suggested posts