Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

won't let me Cancel premumium

won't let me Cancel premumium

AGHHHH!

I'm at a point where i'm trying to cancel a spotify account for the second time in my life. The first time WAS A NIGHTMARE, and i had to lose my bank card before i got ANY email correspondence from Spotify.

Now I'm doing it from the account section of the website, and funilly enough, each time I try anc cancel, i get a non responsive page, that won't time out. It's always waiting for some external resource (currently api.tumra.com, was facebook before even though i don;t log in via facebook).

This is painful. Why do you make it so hard. I cancelled and Apple Music subscription. It took me about 5 seconds.

This is all very dishonest and obfuscated. Makes me feel a bit sick that i have to waste time on a Saturday morning finding forums like this where i can complain in the hope that you may do something about this and respond.

I'm obviously not the only person who struggles when trying to cancel.

2 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

That's odd. Make sure you cancel via your subscriptions page - try using a different browser entirely, which one are you using at the moment?

If you have an AV software and firewall, be that packaged or not, try disabling both temporarily as depending on what level of paranoia you have set your AV to depends on how likely it is to cause problems loading webpages. Admittedly it should error on you and tell you it's a threat, but AVs are AVs, you never know.

If that doesn't work, if you submit an online contact form; someone at Spotify can sort this out for you and should be able to refund you for any excess months you've been charged for if necessary.
Once you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I was having the same problem. I tried using Chrome, and I tried using Firefox and like you it would just die. It said it was "Waiting for api.tumra.com" whatever that is. I finally tried Microsoft Edge browser and it worked without a problem. So try that and maybe it will work for you too

Suggested posts