Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

wrong country set - unable to change

wrong country set - unable to change

I actually am from switzerland..but when i first logged in/registered with spotify it set my country status to USA..so now i can't use my account anymore because it sais my journey-time is over..i can only change my country by updating my paiment details, but it isnt fully clear if anything gets debited then since it only says something like this: you grant spotify the right to debit your account accordingly as set in .....; is there any chance to update my country without having to pay anything?

7 Replies

Hey!

When you update payment info to change the country in your account, we won't charge you anything. So don't worry too much.

If you have any other concerns, just ask.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have a Spotify Free account. Why must I specify payment details to change my country?

I could set up my Paypal account, but there's not enough money on it to pay anything. 

As I mentioned, we won't charge you. If your PayPal account is set to the same country as the one you'd like to change to, you should be able to change it without any problems.

If you are still having trouble, please contact Customer Support. As I mentioned in the other thread. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have exactly the same problem. it auto set my country to sweden even though i'm in UK. Why should i give my payment details? it's free and I don't have a card.

Why did it auto set the country to a wrong one? that's ridiculous!

Syd_lives - As I mentioned above, if you're having trouble changing your country, please get in touch with Customer Support. They'll be able to sort it for you.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

i actually live in germany, ive been using spotify for more than 2 months and all of a sudden it says my country is the UK and in order to change that i have to pay? i have no idea why did it change my country in the first place and second of all, i want to use spotify free. what can i do?

Hey 1998, welcome to the Community.

I'm not quite sure what's happened here. The account I'm looking at for you was only created this month. Please get in touch through our contact form to get it all sorted.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts