Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

wrong email!

wrong email!

I'm trying to connect spotify to my phone.. when i clicked on the "click to send phone login password to email" option it sent the password to my email with a spelling error, even though the email adress in my details is correct. What can i do? so frustrating!!!

6 Replies

How do you know it went to the other email account, or are you just assuming so since you didn't receive it? What type of phone are you using? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

because it posted a message after i clicked on the option saying "an email has been sent to ......  " with the link to set up a device password, and the email adress they listed was my email adress with a spelling error! its an iphone 5s, i've got a spotify account things with my new phone contract

Very strange, your address is definitely set correctly on this page

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yep its correct, i've checked over and over again! have no idea what to do

@charlie92 -- your account was created via Facebook, so just using your Facebook details should log you in on your iPhone. What's happening if you use those Facebook details?

Edit: it sounds like the email is coming from your mobile carrier, Vodafone, so I guess they have your email address recorded incorrectly somewhere. Can you contact them and get them to SMS you the number or have them send it to a specific email address?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Will give them a call and see what they say, thanks! ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Suggested posts