Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

you disappoint me Spotify

you disappoint me Spotify

I cannot believe how badly Spotify treats it's premium customers.

Here's the sequence of events. 

1. Without warning, I couldn't log in to Spotify on Sunday, March 15th even though I was a premium subscriber. Key point no warning. 
2. When I checked the account on my computer I couldn't login either and it said I had the wrong country and that I need to either change it on my profile or subscribe to premium. So this was the first indication I had that you had cancelled my premium subscription. Great job Spotify in keeping your premium subscriber informed.
3. I sent an email to you complaining that I had had my subscription cancelled and that I want to find out what is going on. You have such great customer service that you sent me what looked like an automated message telling me to go look at the FAQs or Community pages. So where in community pages or FAQs do I check "what to do when Spotify cancels my premium subsription without informing me?" You can't find it; that's because there is no section like that. Again, great job Spotify in providing superior customer service.
4. I still follow through on your recommendation to post on the community pages. That was yesterday and it has garnered no attention. I also sent another email referencing your case number and this time you seem to have taken it in as a legitimate support question but I am still waiting for a response. I think I will be waiting a long time thanks to your fantastic customer service.
5. I tried changing my country in my profile but of course your system wouldn't let me. I couldn't downgrade to free service without changing the country first. I was having a great time with your service already but this really made my day. 
6. So to unlock the account of course I had to update my payment details which of course automatically charges my card. And then I cancelled almost immediately and switched to Free. Of course now I have to go through the hassle of getting in touch with your super responsive customer service to get a refund for a service I don't want ever. Thank god for credit cards as I am surely going to dispute the charge and make sure you don't get any of my money.

So while you may think you have done things with the customer in mind let me try to tell you what I think you should have done:

1. Send an email at least a week before the renewal letting your premium subscriber know that there's an issue with the payment.
2. Give him the option to downgrade to free if he doesn't want to pay.
3. If he still doesn't sort out his membership at least cancel his membership and leave it as free.
4. Allow the customer to change his country in his profile without updating his credit card details or at least allow him to enter the credit card but not charge the card.
5. Have better customer service than what you have now which is the equivalent of a black hole: send a customer service query to Spotify and you can be sure that you will never hear back from them. 

Don't piss off any more customers Spotify. It's a real shame because you have a really good product.
1 Reply

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts