Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[1.0.0.70/82][0.7.9]Inaudible volume levels after notification triggers audio ducking

Solved!

[1.0.0.70/82][0.7.9]Inaudible volume levels after notification triggers audio ducking

Since the latest update on the Spotify app the music will no longer get interrupted by notifications. This functionality is far from useful when using other apps simultaneously.

Often I use Spotify in the car in combination with my GPS and an app which warns me (legally) for speed traps. Before the update Spotify briefly paused for a GPS instruction or an alarm for a speed trap, which made them clearly noticable.

The apps in this case are Sygic and FlitsNav (Dutch). They use respectively the media volume and alarm volume, both are giving problems.
- The media volume is briefly lowered when Sygic has an instruction. Because Sygic uses this volume too, the instruction volume is lowered as well. This makes that the instructions are pronounced on a lower volume than normally and let the music kick in hard again after the barely audible instructions.
- FlitsNav uses the alarm volume, the same as used for the alarm clock. Even though the warnings are noticable, they are far less clear than they used to be. This makes that this app becomes far less affective compared to a total interruption of the music.

Is there a possibility to have the music interrupted for notifications again?

Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini
Android version: 4.1.2 (latest)
Spotify version: Latest update (automatically installed on April 10, 2014)
Sygic version: 13.4.2
FlitsNav version: 3.0.4

EDIT: I amended the subject/title to distinguish theis thread from http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Music-interrupted-by-notification-ring/m-p/235200#U2352...

EDIT: Temporary solution here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/1-0-0-70-0-7-9-Inaudible-volume-levels-after-notificati...

286 Replies

I can also confirm that this is now functioning properly. Thanks Spotify dev!

Wow!  I was excited to get an update come through on my phone today, and to check here to find whether people are liking it.  Thank you so much for the update!  This will bring me back to using Spotify in the car again!

Well, I'm very happy this is solved. Thank you. And I must admit, the lower music volume during a navigation instruction - instead of the old way of just stopping the music - is very nice.

But I really think this shouldn't have taken so long, and they could have at least provided an APK here in the meantime, or at the very least an MD5 checksum so people could have verified if the APK they found elsewhere was legit or might contain malware.

Confirming that this is also working for me now on my Note 3 running 4.4.2. 

Thank you, Spotify Android Dev Team, for getting the issue corrected and thanks to those in support for dealing with us during the duration of this fix. I am very happy with the new app's UI and the ducking feature works flawlessly now. You have provided an amazing service to us which a lot of people in this thread fail to appreciate. 

Awesome, it works. I can hear The Google Lady tell me where to turn. 

If a man could dream:

1) Can we get a slider in the settings that can make Google Lady louder? Sometimes, the music's level is high enough to interfere.

2) An option to pause or mute Spotify for Google Lady?

3) Ability to delay the Spotify muting for up to a second after Google Lady is done talking?

😄 

Thanks!

Chris

SUCCESS!!! It works directly again for me as well. THANK YOU devs! I'm glad this real issue finally found a resolution.

Hey everyone, it seems safe to announce now that this bug is now fixed!

Thanks to everyone who reported the issue to issue, and for being so patient during the meantime.

Happy listening!

[Mod edit 30/5: This thread is now locked]

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts