Duo

Country

USA

Device

Samsung 9+ / 8, Windows 10

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

so i have one account on multiple devices, 2 phones, spotify app, and web player on 2 computers. don't ask. for the past year or so, i've been able to connect to one phone with no problem on any device (pc/other phone/etc) without the same internet connection. never been a problem, despite in the faqs saying to make sure they're all on the same wifi. 

now all of sudden, as in 2 days ago, i can't connect the main phone to anything? it doesn't show up in the connect list for any of the devices. i've restarted and cleared all cache for all devices. it connected maybe once but i couldn't change songs, edit queue or anything. it just said device connected. everything is updated, too (can't confirm one phone is updated yet but that's a last resort atm).

is there any way to fix this? like i said, it all worked until 2 days ago, which is far after the most recent spotify update. 😕

1 Reply

Hi there @gayzerteam

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you log out of your account on the phone that doesn't show up in the "Connect to a device" list and log back in twice. We know this sounds odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if the same happens when you're connected to the same network?

Lastly, we'd recommend making sure the OS of your devices is up to date.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts