Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

1 sec sound then quiet

Solved!

1 sec sound then quiet

I am usind a samsung gallaxy s4 and newly updated to android 4.3 so that all good.
But when I tried to listen on songs on spotify it only plays the first second with sound then its quiet. It happens with both downloaded playlists songs and with streaming, and if I start the song in the middle the same thing happens, 1 second sound, then no sound. I have tried to restart the phone, cleared the cache, to no gain. Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The equilizer can be found in the settings under playback

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I've had it since yesterday and also uses Galaxy S4, It happened to be that I updated to Android 4.3 yesterday.

Did you notice that your problem started when you updated Andoid? I did not listen to Spotify at least a day before I updated, but before it worked Spotify ok.

I also did the things you did, but nothing worked.

It's the equalizer, either third pary or stock one. Disable it and you should hear the music again.

Apparently there's a update rolling out wich fixes it:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Galaxy-S4-Android-4-3-update-Equalizer-possibly-fixed/t...

Thanks it helped. Sucks that I payed money for an app that removes the sound from songs on spotify...

I know this post is old but I had the exact same issue with my Galaxy S4 and couldn't find a solution anywhere on the web.

Turned out it was the Spotify built-in EQ.  I changed the preset and it seemed to fix the issue but then after a few songs the issue came back.  Turning off the EQ solved the problem and hasn't happened again.  I'll probably try to install a 3rd party EQ to improve the sound profile and see what happens but for now, just happy that I have normal, consistant volume levels.

How do you turn off the equlilizer. .?
Marked as solution

The equilizer can be found in the settings under playback

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts