Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2019 update - how to change it

2019 update - how to change it

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I've had this update for nearly a month now and I still hate it. For some reason I am unable to listen to music offline, I can't listen to artists entire discographies anymore (only their albums, separately) and Spotify has dowbloadow songs that I don't want saved. Is anyone else experiencing this? I always have to be online to listen to music now and it drains my battery. Any chance I can get the old version 

11 Replies

Hello @EffieHossen. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Being unable to listen to offline music sounds frustrating for sure, so let's see what we can to to help troubleshoot this and get you groovin' to your tunes offline again.

I'm currently running the latest version of the Spotify app on Android 9 using my OnePlus 5T phone and don't have this issue, which means that, in theory, the latest update isn't causing the issue, so we can try a couple things here.

You can check your account's Spotify subscription page just to ensure your account is still showing Premium, then I'd try a completely clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. This ensures there's no residual cached data that may be causing issues, and gives us a clean slate to start from.

If this works, great, otherwise, please let me know what make & model of device you're having trouble with, along with the Android or iOS version running on it, and we'll go from there. Keep on rocking! 🎸

Hi, 

Thanks for getting in touch. I've done all the troubleshooting, but it's still the same unfortunately. I'm using a Huawei P20 Lite, model - ANE-LX1, android version 8.0.0

Thanks 

Screenshot_20190407-021648.jpg
Screenshot_20190407-021700.jpg

Mine has been like this on iOS since February and I hate the update. I hate the library page. I wish they’d change it back. There was nothing wrong with it before. I might try a different app if they don’t change it back. 

Hi i got the exact same problem, my library page looks like the free version despite having premium, i got no songs tab just like the guys above me. Tried clean reinstalling, restarting and everything, the webplayer is fine with all the tabs but the andriod app is just **bleep**. Any other ideas how to fix this issue otherwise i have to cancel my premium and switch to another app because i only use it on mobile

I also hate the new update. I'm used to listening to the whole discography and the offline version doesn't allow that - only individual albums. WHY? 

Also I have troubles with connection. I'm still on the same wi-fi, but since the update, I can't load music - even the one that is saved to my phone, so I have to turn off wi-fi to listen to music. 

I'd really use the old version back.

Hey @EffieHossen@pajkaa@AxLMania and @llebpmacsucram,

There's an active Idea which you can find here.

If you are not happy with the new Your Library, be sure to leave your vote and optionally a comment.

All feedback is welcome.

Have a nice day!

Hi guys ever sonce the update my alexa device does not recognise Spotify.  I have a premium account just for alexa but thinking of cancelling if it aint sorted soon.  Tried everything.  The only solution is pairing my iphone with alexa then manually playing the tracks through my phone.  When I say “Alexa play spotify”, its ask me to link a premium account.  So I open the alexa app and try to link Spotify to no joy.

please fix this was fine before the update 

Why have you changed everything? You undownloaded all of my downloaded music that I'm paying for and now I can't even pick an artist in order and it's all mixed up? I want my money back.

This new update is absolute garbage. I'm giving it to the end of the month, if it isn't changed me and everyone I know with Spotify is switching to Apple music. Chimps could have developed a better update.

Whoever designed it needs to be fired. From talking to people I know and searching the web, they are goin to lose a lot of their customer base to apple music and platforms that can keep their s*** together.

Literally though.

Suggested posts