Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

4.4.2 - Xperia Z - Spotiy not starting after latest update 25-6-2014

Solved!

4.4.2 - Xperia Z - Spotiy not starting after latest update 25-6-2014

Dear,

As title describes, spotify is not starting properly. It is not loading or it freezes/crashes on startup.

Android 4.4.2

Xperia Z

Yesterdays update caused this, i guess.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try this:

• Uninstall spotify
  • Using a file explorer, find and delete the following folders on internal and external storage (if they exist)
  •       \android\data\com.spotify.music
  •       \android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui
  • Redownload spotify

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

HI,

Ok, it seems that my SD-Card just died and made crash a bit all my phone. I took the sdcard and put it on my pc, format and put some files, they became all corrupted 😕

Spotify should not crash in these cases and should more display a message like 'folder can't be created' or something like this....

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Can you try this:

• Uninstall spotify
  • Using a file explorer, find and delete the following folders on internal and external storage (if they exist)
  •       \android\data\com.spotify.music
  •       \android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui
  • Redownload spotify

I am not satisfied with this fix. I have to redownload all my music, but it did work. Again, unsatisfied.

If you skipped the recent security update (version 1.1.0113 from memory), that would have caused the problem as the new versions don't use the old cache as explained here but there can be other glitches too, I guess. Anyway, glad it's working for you now 🙂

Hi,

I have the exact same problem using xperia Z + last upgrade. Uninstalled, search about spotify in the whole phone reboot then reinstall spotify... But still not working.

I can provide a logcat if needed.

you did say you were searching. Did you remove the directories?

\android\data\com.spotify.music

\android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Yes,

I searched, deleted everything then searched again (and no more results...)

If you followed all the steps in my post above, it should work fine. Did you also check the external SD card?

Yes: here is the procedure i just remade:

• uninstall spotify
  • using es eplorer, i searched on the whole phone (/sdcard, /sdcard1, /storage/emulated/0, /storage/emulated/legacy, /storage/sdcard0, /storage/sdcard1/, /storage/usbdisk)
  • I verified by hand on most of these directories
  • reboot
  • Reinstall spotify
  • Still crashing

I can give logcat for more informations. Spotify was working without any problem 4 days ago. 

I tried to install with the sd card unplug, same problem

You're downloading Spotify Music, not Spotify? Can you describe what triggers the crash and what you see?

I tried with the "Spotify music" app on play store, or the one directly from spotify website.

After install, i just start the application and i have this crash. Here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cisgdchdr5U

Dear Rholk,

This error, for as far as I know, only pops up if you still spotify files in your mobile device before and after uninstalling. I have had the exact screen results as you did.

I removed spotify.

I removed the given directories and rebooted the phone. Reinstalled 'spotify music' from play store and it worked. Connect your device to your PC with usb storage cable and perform a scan on your phone storage (root) with keyword search "spotify"

I just connected to my computer. I made a research with 'spotify' on the phone (so internal and external memory). The only found entry is the apk itself i have downloaded on the website.

I tried to install from play store. problem is the same....

Is there any 'hidden files'?

Marked as solution

HI,

Ok, it seems that my SD-Card just died and made crash a bit all my phone. I took the sdcard and put it on my pc, format and put some files, they became all corrupted 😕

Spotify should not crash in these cases and should more display a message like 'folder can't be created' or something like this....

Suggested posts