Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A malfunction after update Samsung galaxy s2

A malfunction after update Samsung galaxy s2

Hey folks, I've been having this problem with my phone app after I updated Android on my phone.

Well, the failure is like this: I open the app, what used to be playlists and stuff like that, is entirely white. All I get to do in the app anymore is look at the title, "Spotify" and press the three stripes left for it, taking me to another white screen.

I pay for spotify premium mainly because I like to have all the music on this planet(almost) on my phone. And that's not happening anymore...

I've tried to reinstall the app, but that doesen't seem to work...

31 Replies

What version of android would that be? (Should be in the about phone section of the settings)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

4.1.2 is my current version.

Still no answer to why my device seems to think that it's nice if Spotify is entirely white instead of actually working?

@Logen-Felxon wrote:

Still no answer to why my device seems to think that it's nice if Spotify is entirely white instead of actually working?

I just got the same problem on my galaxy S2 with android 4.1.2

Thanks for all the trying, saves me some time. 🙂

Just wish someone could come up with a remedy....

@Manne wrote:

@Logen-Felxon wrote:

I just got the same problem on my galaxy S2 with android 4.1.2

Thanks for all the trying, saves me some time. 🙂

Just wish someone could come up with a remedy....

I fixed my problem...

I renamed the Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder to Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui2

Uninstalled Spotify

Re-installed Spotify

Started Spotify

Renamed the new Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder to Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui3

Renamed the Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui2 folder to Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Re-started Spotify

Spotify working and all old cached folders intact.

Case closed

Hi, where about are you going to on the phone to change these settings?

Also with Spotify on my S2 it now stops me unlocking the phone!!!

@PedroPedro This is a pretty old tread and probably won't help you much. What android and spotify versions are you running and exactly what issues are you having? Did spotify work for you until recently and did anything change on your phone after which it started having issues?

Hi, i am using Android 4.0.3 and Spotify version 0.7.2.402-g40e8dcb4, i think! It was working fine until about 3 weeks ago when i deleted the cache and re installed Spotify as it was not letting me reach my full 3333 limit of songs even though my phone is pretty much empty and i have a 32gb card. Once i reinstalled it issues occured;

Phone was very very slow and would not let me unlock it or answer calls

Would sync and download songs after about 12 hours but then when i closed the app and re-opened non of the songs were downloaded ( did this 3 times!!!!)

I put spotify on my s3 (work phone) and its works fine on there but i need it on my S2

When i deleted the app on my S2 my phone worked fine again.

I have done this about 5 times in the past 3 weeks to see if this issues have been fixed but im at a loss. I have read too many posts to count for advise but im still nowhere! I really dont want to get rid of Spottiy but looks like i wont have a choice!

Help!!!!!

THanks for the additional information.

Can I just check. Do you have Collection on your android and, if so, did you apply for the beta test programme?

If not, please try uninstalling spotify and use a file manager to remove the folder  Android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui on your external SD card follwed by a reinstall.

If this doesn't work or, if you do have Collection, please shout.

Hi,

I have used a file manager and deleted that folder, but now my phone has frozen and wont unlock! any advice??

Regards!

Hi, 

I have restarted my phone and tried the above steps again, and managed to delete the files without my phone freezing. I have re installed the app and tried to download a couple of albums to my phone and its taking a very long time, espcially since i have a v fast WIFI connection. The app overall is also running slow when moving between option etc. 

Once the DL has completed i will re start my phone to see if they are still downloaded on the device and let you know

Also i cannot see the option anymore of where you can chose where to store the data that you download?

Regards

If all traces of spotify are gone, it seems that the problem may lie elsewhere. I would try removing the external SD card then restart the phone. If that doesn't work try a factory reset then hit the samsung support forums if it still won't work.

Oops, I didn't see your last post. The app chooses the storage location for the cache automatically, based on where the most free space is available. This was changed ages ago.

Suggested posts