Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ANDROID - Bottom bar not updating song or play/pause button

ANDROID - Bottom bar not updating song or play/pause button

I am using a Samsung Galaxy J7V Android Version 9 for my premium Spotify app. I cleared the cache & data, reinstalled, restarted, and I still don't get the songs to update on the bottom bar. The first song I play will stay there for every song I play and the button for "play" will keep displaying instead of the "pause" button while I play. Even if I change the song, instead of playing continuously, it still will show the first song I chose. If I restart the new song I start off on will show but it will stay on that.

27 Replies

Same here. I have a Samsung Note 20 and have tried deleting the app and re-downloading 3 times already. Didn't even bother re-downloading my music because I figured it would happen again. Thought it was because I was streaming to my PS4,  but it had fixed itself the next day. But now it started doing it on the phone when I haven't connected to my Playstation in a week.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

@smohyee, can you let us know if you've tried using a different connection? Was there any difference?

@been__jammin, could you list all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread that you've already tried so we don't repeat anything? This will also help us narrow down the possible cause of the issue.

@Dhagen21, can you try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I've logged out, logged in, and restarted my device.

Hey there @been__jammin

Thanks for getting back to us. 

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already. Though we can't set an exact time frame for when this will be fixed, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Play status bar does not update to show current song playing in the Spotify Stations app latest version (0.4.17.32) on Google Pixel 3a phone running latest OS (Android 11 build RQ3A.210705.001).

Note that the play bar in the regular Spotify app updates and shows correct current playing song! I wonder if there is an issue with the Stations app having permission to access the Wi-Fi network?... 

Hi @Strategerizer,

Thank you for posting on this thread. 

Spotify Stations is a separate app, but you can follow all the troubleshooting steps shared in this thread to try to get this fixed.

Let us know how it works after performing them. 

We'll be on the lookout!

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue as well ;( no fix no? The media bar don't change for some reason when the song does, this makes me want to cancel my subscription as my entire family are using Samsung and I have the s22u and it is doing this. The phone is less than 1 week old.

39 pages of people with the same issue here, please add your vote

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Now-Playing-bar-missing-on-Android/idi-p/5364978

Suggested posts