Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ANDROID "My Library" Tab Gone

ANDROID "My Library" Tab Gone

Hello,

Ever since the last major spotify update a couple months ago or whenever it was, the "My Library" tab on the app on my Sony Experia XA phone is no longer there, and has been replaced by a "Me" tab. Seems like a minor tweak, but the "Me" tab does not display all of my saved artists in one location. As shown in the attached photos, it only shows recommended playlists/mixes, favourites and my playlists (not a feature I utilize as I tend to listen to music by the album rather than a mix of singles and artists). As far as I can tell, Favourites is not the same as My Library or Saved Artists, because all of the bands I have saved and downloaded to my device are not there.

I can't for the life of me find out how to access in one location all of my Saved Artists. This is especially frustrating when it comes to Offline mode. I can't even access artists that I have saved and downloaded through my phone because the recently played section under the "Me" tab requires wifi to access the artists page. 

I don't know if I'm missing something really simple, but I've tried everything under every tab on the app and can't find My Library and Saved Artists. Attached are photos of what this tab on my phone looks like currently, and what the Spotify Support site says my app should look like (and how it used to look).

Any help is much appreciated,
Brendo

Spotify Help 1.png
Spotify Help 2.png
Spotify Help.jpg
6 Replies

I've had the same issue and it's been driving me crazy. Running the most recent version of Spotify on a Google Pixel XL. Hopefully someone knows of a fix. I submitted a question form to Spotify today, and if I get an answer I'll post here.

Excellent. Please keep me posted. This is driving me nuts and I'm much less
happy with Spotify as a product because of it.

Hi. I don't have the "Me" tab but, from other comments, it seems that your library is still there in the "Favorites" section. You may need to do some scrolling to find everything.

No, I don't think favourites is the same. If I go into offline mode, my
favourites won't load even though I have all of the band's albums
downloaded to my device. Also there are albums I have downloaded to my
device that do not show up under my favourites. I've tried every possible
combination of scrolling and exploring the app and can't find a library
type section with all of my downloaded music listed by artist, album song
etc. I think my next steps is to call Spotify since I'm not getting any
traction here.

Hmm...doesn't sound promising. You can't call them but can get in touch via the online contact form. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Alternatively, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or post on the SpotifyCares facebook page.

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Joe. I will fill out the form now and try that out.

Suggested posts