Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Over the past 2 weeks I've been encountering several bugs that are pretty annoying so I'm gonna try to explain/describe them as thoroughly as possible:

1. So the first bug basically is that when im on my phone but not in the app itself most of the time it doesn't show that Spotify is playing music, even though I'm listening to music. So because of this I can't switch songs when I'm not in the app and it doesn't stop the music when I'm watching other stuff like Youtube etc. And when it does show that I'm playing music and I am able to switch songs, it more often that not displays the wrong song (for example it shows me that I'm listening to a Drake song that listened to before, but gets stuck on that song so even though I'm already listening to a new song, it still displays the Drake one)

2. So the second issue is thankfully easier to explain: Basically the songs randomly pause without me doing anything

I've already tried reinstalling the app, but that only fixed the problems briefly 😞

Thanks in advance 🙂

Spotfiy version: 8.4.62.490 armV7
Android version: 8.0.0

4 Replies

Hey @xp_, welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, have you noticed these issues while playing music through a Bluetooth device or using Spotify Connect?

As this is happening on Android, do you have a different Android device with similar specs you could try using to see if the app behaves the same?

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Thanks for the reply @Alfredo,

I was listening to music using Spotify Connect and unfortuntely I don't own a second device where I could try Spotify aswell.

Though i just updated the app and it isn't happening as often as it used to, so that's a good sign I suppose.

Thanks for the help anyways 🙂

You're welcome!

If the app is still misbehaving after the update, try a clean reinstall to clear any old cache.

Let us know if that does the trick.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

To be honest I haven't done a clean install, because then I have to download all songs again. I do have the same problems as described by the original poster. The second problem I can solve by connecting my phone to a power outlet. If it's not connected the app is killed consistently every 20 minutes. I have tried to disable all possible powersaving options on my phone which is a Huawei Nova 2 and have searched extensively on the internet to find all options.

I have noticed the not refreshing too. If it is the same artist/album (not sure which one) it works ok but otherwise the next song is not correctly shown. I have to minimize and maximize the current playing song to refresh. 

Suggested posts