Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

AVRCP only works after starting Google Play Music first.

AVRCP only works after starting Google Play Music first.

I use the Spotify app in my car(VW Golf 2014) a lot connected to the stereo via Bluetooth.

I just got a Nexus 4 with Android 4.4.2 and was happy to be able to start using AVRCP 1.3 meta data wich it should support (It works in the car with my girlfriends Iphone) but not my old android phone, only the remote control buttons did.

Saddly I couldn't make the meta data to show up on the display, but the remote control buttons to change and play/pause songs still works.

I googled around a bit and found some where that I should try to start a song in Google Play Music app first. Said and done, I downloaded a random free (legal) song with meta data. I started playing a song in Spotify, no meta data showing, I opened Google Play Music app and started playing the song (this makes spotify to pause), as soon as I pressed play, I could see the meta data from Spotify showing up shortly on the car display before the song from GPM starts showing on the display. I now go back to Spotify and press play (GPM pauses) and now the meta data from Spotify is showing perfectly, I can change songs and everything. Just tried this, so thats all I know.

This must be a bug no? Does GPM trigger some start of AVRCP? Does Spotify know this?

3 Replies

Not a bug as Spotify doesn't support AVRCP or bluetooth on android devices. If you can get it to work, that's great. The relevant idea is here.

Tnx for your answer.

But If they dont support it, how come it seems to work for some people?

If your phone is rooted, there is am Xposed module that enables AVRCP in the Spotify app. Could be a reason to root if you haven't already.

Suggested posts