Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

Solved!

AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

Hi!

Are there any plans for implementing AVRCP 1.3+ to enable Spotify metadata (such as track title and artist) to be displayed when playing through Blueooth?

For example, in my car I can see the name of the song, artist, and album when playing music through the standard Android music player, but I get nothing when playing songs through Spotify. 😞

Will this be added in an upcoming update?

Thanks!

122 Replies

Agree, I'm even thinking of using another service like Deezer when I see this feature is totaly ignored by Spotify team since so long ...
How can it be possible ?

A developer even give them the solution, and still nothing month after.

Here's one more person standing in line frustrated by the fact that this doesn't work. It works fine for iPhone so why not for Android?

And the answer that Spotify officially doesn’t support playback over bluetooth? Well then fix that too, it's already working...

It’s actually quite embarrassing for a company to have a music player for mobile phones in 2013 that not officially supports playback over Bluetooth and send metadata for that music.

Ok, Wimp doesn’t send metadata either but they are about the only one except you as far as I know. Hell even MS solved it for Xbox Music in WP8…

Feels to me like Spotify has become too big and stopped listening on the requests from the community.

Can't agree more. Im switching to Deezer. Works perfect.

Any word on when this will be updated?

why is this marked as fixed? it's not! that hacked apk isn't even up to date, plus i don't want to install that.

here's another fix, until spotify fixes it, that does not require a patched spotify.apk: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47330636&postcount=260

i really need that for controlling spotify over my pebble 😕

Yeah I can't believe it doesn't support this feature.  AVRCP 1.3 has been around for 7 years and still apps dont support it!

At least the modded version was open source and code posted, but it doesn't work on samsung 4.3 devices for some reason :(. 

Does that other fix with for you?

yes.

i'm so glad, to have it working, so useful, for running, walking in the city...

I'll try this tonight.
Btw, we need to activate it, and it says it can read everything we wrote with the keyboard, suspicious ... ?

I found an Idea for it here, make sure you give it Kudos, can't hurt i gues:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Android-App-Transmit-Track-Info-via-Bluetooth-A2DP-AVR...

@user-removed wrote:

why is this marked as fixed? it's not! that hacked apk isn't even up to date, plus i don't want to install that.

here's another fix, until spotify fixes it, that does not require a patched spotify.apk: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47330636&postcount=260

i really need that for controlling spotify over my pebble 😕

I've tried this now and it works! However I found that when I enable this function the swipe-functionality of my keyboard stops working.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) with Android 4.1.2

Quite annoying in the long run...

"here's another fix, until spotify fixes it, that does not require a patched spotify.apk: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47330636&postcount=260"

I just installed this and it does work with my VZ LG phone running Android 4.0.4 blue toothing to my 2013 Audi.   Track and artist only, no other info.  Not a perfect fix, but it is a step in the right direction.

WHY WONT SPOTIFY FIX THIS?....it should be simple for them if a simple patch like this gets it going.  

fix it now

Fix doesn't work for 4.3 Samsung devices for some reason.

Any progress her Spotify?

And Spotify continue to ignore customers you need to fix this for android users

Orren

Just want to say that this is working fine for me using the latest Spotify streaming to BMW Professional Media system. Artist, album and track pulling through nicely. Only thing I would like is to have the duration pull through also

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

As a note to those that are interested - I ported the changes that used to be made via patching the APK to an xposed mod.

This way we can run the latest version from the store.

It still seems there are some issues with that require the stock music app to be opened before the info will actually be transmitted but trying to work on that one as best as I can without seeing the issue myself.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=47994199

@mechanimal82 wrote:
Just want to say that this is working fine for me using the latest Spotify streaming to BMW Professional Media system. Artist, album and track pulling through nicely. Only thing I would like is to have the duration pull through also

What phone and android version do you have?

@Stevo8227 wrote:

@mechanimal82 wrote:

What phone and android version do you have?

I have used it with my HTC One using Android 4.3 with Sense 5.5, 4.4 with Sense 5.5 and also 4.4 GPE. All without issues. I'd suggest checking your Bluetooth Settings and ensure that Media streaming is enabled. Other than that I'm at a loss.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Not working on Samsung S4 with Android 4.3

My friend with a HTC One succeeded with Android 4.3

I have a Volvo V60, this is really disturbing, I don't know whats worse, this thing taking ages to fix or the ignorance from Spotify to at least reach out and answer their paying customers, do they not care about us?

Suggested posts