Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

Solved!

AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

Hi!

Are there any plans for implementing AVRCP 1.3+ to enable Spotify metadata (such as track title and artist) to be displayed when playing through Blueooth?

For example, in my car I can see the name of the song, artist, and album when playing music through the standard Android music player, but I get nothing when playing songs through Spotify. 😞

Will this be added in an upcoming update?

Thanks!

122 Replies

This may be a work around but its not a solution.

We need this fixed in the official spotify app.

I dont trust third party edited apps and I don't want to be using an old version of spotify.

As far as I can tell, none of these work arounds work on any Samsung 4.3 devices.  No one knows why.

Fastmedic - Have you made any progress? I too have a S4 and non of these work for me. It simply crashes my bluetooth when i try to play a song.

Spotify is trying to collect data on this issue in the bugs section so plaese head over to this thread and post details there. Thanks.

No, there is no progress to be made here I fear.  I switched to Google Play music which works perfectly.

Same...that works perfectly for me to.

Hopefully Spotify developers take note

I had more or less forgot about this thread...

It's fantastic that Spotifys way of "solving" things obviously does work. "Just give a **bleep** about do anything, people'll get sick of it, the'll continue to pay for the crap anyway, and finally they just accept the case".

Hon many updates of the app has passed since the start of this thread?

Haven't posted here in a whille but metadata seems to work perfectly fine for me. I am on the latest Android build with Cyanogenmod 11 (Kitkat) Nightlies on a Sprint Galaxy S 4.

Gave up with Spotify and went over to Deezer, which does what we have all been asking for. Waited patiently for over a year - no interest from Spotify, so voted with my feet. My Deezer subscription is half the price of Spotify too!

This is a bit starnge, as i have tried deezer from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with stock 4.3 on 2013 Honda CRV without success, The same was with Spotify as well. Even iphone 5 with ios 7.0.4 did not work with both Deezer and Spotify on 2013 Honda CRV. The DoubleTwist and stock media player works OK at same time. 

Can I get a download link please? Can't find this apk anywhere

It's actually working now with my wifes Sony Xperia Z.

Artist, album and track info presented in the car.

Stock Sony Android 4.3 and standard latest version of Spotify.

Volvo V70, modellyear 2014.

Still not working with my Samsung S3 though...

Still would like to see if this can be looked at.  My device has been upgraded to 4.4.2 and I still have no meta data displayed in my car (bluetooth controls all work great though)

Can this please be added?  Here is a super helpful reply from CS:

Hi ___,

Thank you for you reply. 

Unfortunately we don't support Android devices officially.  To play over bluetooth, some third-party devices don't receive metada (track, artist, album info, etc. is not displayed on third-party device)

To learn more about Spotify Connect, click here: https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Spotify-Connect/?in=search

If you have further question, please contact us.

Kind regards,

Malu Fisher | CS Advisor
Spotify Customer Service
Cambridge
United Kingdom

Hi. There's an open bug topic where data is being collected here. Hopefully this means that something will be done in the future so plaease add your details there, thanks.

Hello
I have tried today on vw golf 7 with discover pro and I see the artist, album and song. But don't see the album cover.

Maybe we must to go to Google Play and put a poor rate until Spotify makes a move and solves this problem. If this works fine on iOS version, Android doesn't have to be different.

I have changed my rate today.

GOOD NEWS!

Samsung Galasy S4 Mini upgraded to kitkat, works fine.

I have this problem with my Pebble Steel. Do You know any email to contact Spotify support? I can't believe that we have to use a modded version to get track info via bluetooth!
Unbelievable!

The contact form is here but I doubt this is something they'll fix overnight. They are collecting data in this bug topic.

Thank You so much! I wrote using support form and I added my bug report.

..but You are right.. No hope to see a fix.. that's a shame..

Suggested posts