AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm voting for this feature too. My car actually refuses to play music from Bluetooth devices if they don't send along the meta data over AVRCP, so I can't use Spotify in my car at all. Super annoying. I sincerely hope the Spotify team will take a look at the source of the XDA patch posted earlier so they can merge it in the official app. Shouldn't even take a day for a good dev.

Highlighted

Bump. The lack of any communication from spotify makes me think we're shouting into the void though...

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Spotify, I like you, but your tendency to leave your *paying* customers hanging like this is a slap in the face. This isn't a one time thing either, Spotify's development process is 100% opaque. You're not really doing anyone a favor this way.

Highlighted

Gig Goer

...and the progress is?

Highlighted

Community Legend
Zip, zilch, zero, nada, nothing, the big goose egg
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Highlighted

Gig Goer

Just got the Google Player which is working flawless with AVRCP.

If that one is solving the good streaming library that you guys have at Spotify, I'll leave faster than a salary in the end of the month.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This question has been open for way too long for it to be acceptable. Doesn't Spotify listen to its paying customers about issues they're having with the service? If the devs at xda can get this working then why can't Spotify put just a bit of time into it? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2081475

Highlighted

Please fix this!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yes - Spotify -  definitely a feature request for full AVRCP support and metadata passing.

I would hope a MOD has picked this up and added it to the official feature request list if it is not there .  Would appreciate a timescale if the implementation of this request is indeed added .  It does not look too hard considering the guy at XDA did it quite easily ,   the passing of metadata cannot be security risk as the data is displayed locally anyway and control of the device via bluetooth would still require premium membership .   So you paying premium members are requesting a new features that your competition openly supports ( Pandora).

Please add it 🙂

Guessing my premium service payment will go elsewhere if I cannot consume the service as I would like on my personal stereo.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I hope Spotify fixes this problem, and SOON.

I just signed up for the "Google Play Music All Access" trial. Other than the stupid name, it's working well for me (no gaps even tho I'm streaming vs using my Spotify downloads), and I can see my music metadata when connecting via bluetooth to my car stereo. 

SUGGESTED POSTS