AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

This may be a work around but its not a solution.

We need this fixed in the official spotify app.

I dont trust third party edited apps and I don't want to be using an old version of spotify.

Highlighted

Music Fan

As far as I can tell, none of these work arounds work on any Samsung 4.3 devices.  No one knows why.

Highlighted

Regular

Fastmedic - Have you made any progress? I too have a S4 and non of these work for me. It simply crashes my bluetooth when i try to play a song.

Highlighted

Community Legend

Spotify is trying to collect data on this issue in the bugs section so plaese head over to this thread and post details there. Thanks.

Highlighted

Music Fan

No, there is no progress to be made here I fear.  I switched to Google Play music which works perfectly.

Highlighted

Regular
Same...that works perfectly for me to.

Hopefully Spotify developers take note
Highlighted

Gig Goer
I had more or less forgot about this thread...

It's fantastic that Spotifys way of "solving" things obviously does work. "Just give a **bleep** about do anything, people'll get sick of it, the'll continue to pay for the crap anyway, and finally they just accept the case".

Hon many updates of the app has passed since the start of this thread?
Highlighted

Music Fan

Haven't posted here in a whille but metadata seems to work perfectly fine for me. I am on the latest Android build with Cyanogenmod 11 (Kitkat) Nightlies on a Sprint Galaxy S 4.

Highlighted

Regular

Gave up with Spotify and went over to Deezer, which does what we have all been asking for. Waited patiently for over a year - no interest from Spotify, so voted with my feet. My Deezer subscription is half the price of Spotify too!

Highlighted

Music Fan

This is a bit starnge, as i have tried deezer from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with stock 4.3 on 2013 Honda CRV without success, The same was with Spotify as well. Even iphone 5 with ios 7.0.4 did not work with both Deezer and Spotify on 2013 Honda CRV. The DoubleTwist and stock media player works OK at same time. 

SUGGESTED POSTS