Premium

Country

USA 

Device

HTC ONE

Operating System

Adroid 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

The thumbs down accidental hit has been reported plenty and votes on considerably.  The problem that I have is not only can you not edit thumbs up and down, but the thumbs down for radio is in the same place as the heart for other play modes.  I've done this twice now when on radio stations with the intent to quickly save the song before I lost it.  I've now lost two songs that I really wanted to hear but cannot remember the title or artist for.

I pay for premium and am considering cancelling spotify altogether to go back to the dumpster fire that is Pandora.  At least with Pandora, I can expect shitty UI behavior.  Few things are as frustrating as unmet expectations when the expectations are predicated on basic UI design patterns (consistency).

Editing thumbs up and down still do not address the core problem of like/dislike, thumbs up/thumbs down, (postive/negative) being in alternating places in the UI based on play mode.  I write software for a living and this kind of nonsense should be easily addressable.  The fact that it's been shoved off this long is simply unacceptable when you have thousands of people paying you money for an app and service.  Forget enabling new features when your core experience has a major problem.  Those new customers that get pulled in by the new features will be turned off by bad design and tell their friends - not unlike what I'll be doing if anyone asks me about my most frustrating android UI experience. </rant>

1 Reply

Hi @howaldmg!

This sounds like a good idea. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts