Step 1

NEXT STEP

Activate lockscreen widget

Solved!

Activate lockscreen widget

How do I do this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Found an solution, shame that not on official spotify forums... But hell... most important is that i found it.

You have to unistall all headset controlling applications like a-Jays Headset Control, Sony Smart Key etc.

I never thought that app which control buttons on headset can effect on lockscreen widget, so never tried to remove a-Jays app from my phone. Widget was just sometimes showing up for a second when I was changing songs with buttons, but mostly it was not showing at all.

Uninstall headset control app > restart phone > enjoy spotify lockscreen widget

Big thanks and Kudos for Maffee from android central forum for solution.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Assuming you're on ICS see here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/quot-Official-quot-new-application-beta-release-missi... - bottom of the first post. It's worked for some

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thanks but did not work with my skyrocket ics leak.

Same with me: it doesn't seem possible to get lockscreen controls on my HTC Sensation (original) with ICS.

Thx, worked for me! Clearing the app data takes the lock screen buttons back. I'm on stock Android 4.2.1 (galaxy nexus).

Clearing app data worked on my HTC one X. Good work that man!

Clearing app data worked Samsung Galaxy S4. Thank you!

Clearing app data worked on my Galaxy S2 on 4.1.2 (T-Mobile official).

Clearing app data don't work on S3 latest Version ๐Ÿ˜•

I am running 2.3.5 and couldn't figure out a way to natively get widgets on the lock screen, so I downloaded a third party app called WidgetLocker.  If you can't get the widget to work natively I suggest trying out one of the (free) locker apps available.  WidgetLocker wasn't free but I tried it out as it seemed to be one that would work, and it does, but free is better.

mine disappears too...we are already paying for a service, this should be included as designed and not putting ppl in a position to have to download a 3rd party app

Marked as solution

Found an solution, shame that not on official spotify forums... But hell... most important is that i found it.

You have to unistall all headset controlling applications like a-Jays Headset Control, Sony Smart Key etc.

I never thought that app which control buttons on headset can effect on lockscreen widget, so never tried to remove a-Jays app from my phone. Widget was just sometimes showing up for a second when I was changing songs with buttons, but mostly it was not showing at all.

Uninstall headset control app > restart phone > enjoy spotify lockscreen widget

Big thanks and Kudos for Maffee from android central forum for solution.

Thanks very much Ustnar, that was it for me.

What if I want to have a headset controls app on my phone as well? 

Clearing app data+cache worked for me, which is weird because my phone (samsung galaxy S7) is new, and I just installed spotify...

I cleared it and logged in again and now I have the widget on my lockscreen !

I've tried clearing cache+data, uninstalling/reinstalling Spotify, removing my bluetooth headset app and I'm still having problems. If I close Spotify and re-open it, the widget will reappear but only temporarily. I have to keep closing and reopening Spotify. FYI - I have a S7 and QC35 headphones.

if you are experiencing these symptoms: -music keeps playing after headphones or bluetooth are disconnected -lock screen controls are gone while notifications are enabled -have problems with external controls not functioning or launching while spotify is running(smartwatches and the like. mine would show album art but the controls and library features did nothing) disable or uninstall battery-saver applications. Battery managers can interfere with programs like spotify running in the background. I would recommend uninstalling any battery managing programs or adding an exception so that they allow spotify to do its thing. ALSO android nougat dose feature causes the same problems, but it is easy to add exception for spotify.

I have found a "solution" for my issues. I ended up uninstalling the current version (6.3.0.882) and installing the previous version (6.2.0.1028). I haven't had any issues since. Hopefully the issue is resolved in the next release.

Suggested posts