Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] [Other] Smart Shuffle toggle setting in settings menu

Smart shuffle is a fun way to discover new songs, but it comes at a cost. Want to reshuffle your queue? Bam, wait a few seconds longer. Want to unshuffle your playlist? Bam, no longer works, and goes to a completely random place in the playlist.

To me this is an unwanted complication, and I'd much rather be able to choose in the settings menu whether I want to enable the Smart Shuffle feature, or disable it.

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
bethrutter

I also want to get rid of this option. When I'm at the gym I don't have an internet connection on my phone and I need one to turn it off so I have to stand in a random place hoping to get enough signal to stop it. It's also still added songs to the queue despite me turning it off. Not a fan of it myself. 

MihailY

Hey @martinweiss,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's currently not possible to disable Smart Shuffle permanently, however, if you feel strongly about this, we'd suggest voting for this idea.

We hope this helps.

MihailY
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-03-17

Hello @bc7hr-tk_20yh,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea

once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Hanniosman

The Spotify shuffle feature is the bane of my existence. I listen for over 4 hours a day and I get played the same 20 songs from whatever playlist I have on. I now hate most the music I loved because of this naff algorithm.

Pnut91

Hi there... Why do we need to vote on this? The feature is slow to toggle thru and unnecessary. If you want to give us a useful feature, you can add track numbers. Thanks 

lubos

I don't think there should be a problem with this. After all, when I normally listen to a playlist in normal shuffle mode, the same playlist NEVER switches to smart shuffle mode. It will always play like a normal shuffle for me. Until I switch it myself. This is a novelty that I don't mind at all. I'm more worried about when I get a + instead of a heart or a new home page.

iiEatTurdz

This doesn't even make sense. Original comment is clearly stating that it's a problem when they go to switch the shuffle button. Your response is "Well I don't tap my shuffle button."

meanlesbian

please

storm8ig

its fine if its possible to disable this function. Sometimes when i switch it takes about 10 seconds for it to load until i can press it again to turn in it normal listening mode. So it just made using the app slower, and didnt improve anything at all 

Jtx9

Having the same issue. I would reshuffle the time making my queue. Updated my app and all I get is the smart shuffle. Can’t even turn shuffle off at all anymore, it just switches between normal and smart. Definitely weighing canceling my plan.