Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Additional space (microSDHC)

Solved!

Additional space (microSDHC)

Hi

I'm running out of free space and I'm wondering if Spotify will automatically start downloading stuff on memory card (which I'm about to buy) when there is such a need.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there mistrzbara and very warm welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Thanks for your question.

You can purchase MicroSD card! Then just make sure you delete your app. After that add MicroSDcard to slot and install Spotty from Google Play. Spotify will automatically install itself to MicroSD (if card has more free space than built-in memory). The 32 GB card is best if you need space for all music you can ever imagine to download (max. 3,333 tracks).

If any problems with Spotify in future, just come back and let me know. I will help you.

Greetings,
Jyri

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there folks.

Thanks for questions.

In newest Spotify app of Android this option is built-in. Just remove Spotify from phone, insert card to slot and install Spotify. Spotify will be installed to SD card if there is more space than in built-in memory.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there mistrzbara and very warm welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Thanks for your question.

You can purchase MicroSD card! Then just make sure you delete your app. After that add MicroSDcard to slot and install Spotty from Google Play. Spotify will automatically install itself to MicroSD (if card has more free space than built-in memory). The 32 GB card is best if you need space for all music you can ever imagine to download (max. 3,333 tracks).

If any problems with Spotify in future, just come back and let me know. I will help you.

Greetings,
Jyri

thanks

I have a similar question but on a Samsung Galaxy S3 which is a bit different because you can't move applications to SD card.

S3 (also S2 I think) has a fake sd card as builtin memory and the external, real, SD card is on mnt/extSDCard.

There should be a way to set the download path...

I have a 32 Gb card which is not being used by applications but only as storage.

I've got S3 too and from what i recall there's an aplication for saving data on mSD

Marked as solution

Hey there folks.

Thanks for questions.

In newest Spotify app of Android this option is built-in. Just remove Spotify from phone, insert card to slot and install Spotify. Spotify will be installed to SD card if there is more space than in built-in memory.

Have a nice day!

It works!

Now I can bring lots of music around!

Thanks!

@Kaonashi wrote:

It works!

Now I can bring lots of music around!

Thanks!

You're welcome.

Enjoy your Spotify.

Let me know at any time if you need help in future.

Suggested posts