Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ads are freezing up my spotify app

Ads are freezing up my spotify app

I have had similar issues in the past with certain ads. At the moment it seems to be one for a movie starring Seth Rogan. Whenever this ad is qued to play, my app freezes up and doesnt make a sound or allow me to refresh or go back. I have to hard reset it and load it back up, this has happened every ad time space today and is very frustrating. It has been happening with that ad since it came out, but hasn't been as frequent as today. Please figure out your ad problems, looking through other peoples complaints I'm not the only person with some kind of issue with ads messing up their apps. Make all ads format the same way or something, really dont want to look for another app but I will. 

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9)

Operating System

Standard for a s9. 

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hey @Andrew_92, help's arrived.

Can you confirm that this is only happening with one ad? Also make sure you have 1 GB of free space on your phone for Spotify to work properly. 

After that, do the following:

• Try an alternative internet connection 
  • Reinstall the app
  • Restart your device
  • Try an alternative device (if possible) and see if the same thing happens there.
  • Ensure the operating system is up-to-date
  • Check SD card for errors. Remove it if possible

If that doesn't work, let us know your OS, Spotify version, a more detailed description of the ad, and when this started occurring.

Keep us posted 🙂

Internet connection didnt matter, nor device. It was the "black monday"
movie ad that was causing this problem. Since reporting it to u and forums
it seems the ad was taken off air and have not had it play or stop my app.
I do have another question/request, why don't playlists, mainly the "radio
stations" created dont loop anymore? They used to and I know it's been
changed for some time now but it's a bit annoying and not sure I understand
the reasoning.

Hey @Andrew_92

We hope you won't have any more trouble with that ad. 

Regarding the other question, can you specify what you mean by loop? Do you mean repeat? Please specify and we'll help you out. 

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts