Premium

Country
The Netherlands

Device

Samsung S7

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

I have a new phone, the Samsung S7, and ever since I put the Spotify app on this device I have trouble searching for new music after I put Spotify on the offline mode.
When I go back online and want to search new music or artists I only get search results from the offline lists/downloaded files. And a message: 'can't find any results in the downloaded files. Go online to find more results'.
The only way to fixt the problem, temporarily, is to delete and re-install the app. 
But after going offline the problem is back. 

Can you please advise me? Thank you very much in advanced!

3 Replies

I have experienced this issue myself. Have you tried just restarting the app? That should be enough.

However, in other threads with the same problem, the only solution appears to be reinstalling and has remained unsolved.

Anyway, you should try cleaning cache partition of your phone. This can be done entering into recovery mode. For most phones, it is due through powering off your phone, and then pressing power and volume down buttons at the same time until your device logo appears. Then, navigate by using volume keys, and select wipe cache partition by pressing power key. That could help.

If it doesn't, you should create another thread providing as much info as you can, so it can be passed by as a bug report. 

Hope it helps! 

Hi TheBarthoLi,
Thank you for the clear answer!!

I'm sorry for the late reaction. It was out of my head for a couple of days.
I have cleaned the cachepartion. Not only from spotify, but also chrome and orther apps. The way you wrote me down didn't work; but after some googling I found were to clean the cache memory of the apps. 
For now the problem seems solved! I have downloaded a playlist; went offline and after that online again to surge for new music. And for now that seems to work normaly. So I hope this was the solution and ik keeps working well.

Thank you very much for your help!! Greetings from The Netherlands!

Very happy to hear so! 

Suggested posts