Free

Country

France

Device

Oneplus 8T

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have been looking around the internet to see if this issue has been seen somewhere but I did not manage to find anything. If it has already been reported and the dev team is currently working on a fix let me know.

So the issue is pretty simple. As soon as I quit spotify (kill the app with the recent apps tab) the player notification keeps to be here when it should not. Moreover it is totally broken, I can not close it and when I tap it, it opens spotify again and that is not the goal.

The only thing to do is to shut down the app, in the device app settings, which is annoying.

Here is a screenshot of the issue.

I hope you have a fix to that !

Thanks

Screenshot_20210307-111020.jpg
40 Replies

Hey @3hpmars

Help’s here!

Could you confirm if you still observe this after running a clean reinstall of Spotify on your mobile device? This will get you the latest app version and clean up corrupted data that could be causing the issue.

In case this persists after a clean reinstall, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

I have the same issue. It is annoying. I shouldn't have to force close the app. I have a new galaxy a32.

I have also turned off my phone & reinstalled the app & it keeps happening 

Hi there @housebecky,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you confirm that you followed the no old cache files causing this. steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick and you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Keep us posted.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, I also have the same issue regarding the "zombie" notification and tried uninstalling, deleting cache etc. with no sucess.
Phone: OnePlus 6
Android 11
Plan: Paid

Hi, I also have the same issue regarding the "zombie" notification and tried uninstalling, deleting cache etc. with no sucess.
Phone: OnePlus 6
Android 11
Plan: Paid

Hi @maxtaube,

Thank you for sharing your post on this thread.

To start, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Also, try holding down the Spotify notification for a couple of seconds and see if you have an option that says "Dismiss".

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I found fix, just long press on notification, then tap the Settings button and turn off Media player in Quick Settings.

Screenshot_20211208-002541_Settings.png

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the Community!

Awesome work @SkyVan1eM for that fix! We just wanted to add that on some phones, you have to swipe either left or right (instead of long pressing) for the Settings icon to appear, so feel free to try it.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator

Exact same problem as the previous guy.

Disabling all notifications does the trick but then the music cannot be controlled.

Spotify be going downhill real fast.

Huh, wanted to delete my comment but I can't.

I don't even have the same layout so I'm sat here wondering what is even going on.

Picture has been included.

Screenshot_20220728-145519_Settings.jpg

I dont have the same options for media player. How can I get rid of the notifications? Even after uninstalling the app, it still persists. 

Hi there @Bradcrites,

Thanks for the post.

Can you send us a screenshot of how the notification looks on your end? It would be great if you include your phone model, OS version and Spotify app version.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Screenshot_20221023-124350_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20221023_124342.jpg

 here is what it looks like on my end. As well as the phone information. The spotify version is 8.7.76.359

I've tried the long press on the notification. It gives two options, remove or cancel. Neither option changes anything. I've even uninstalled spotify. The notification still comes up. I reinstalled spotify hoping that would change something,  it did not. 

Hey @Bradcrites,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device.

We understand you've already tried some troubleshooting steps including reinstalling, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use the steps for a clean reinstall mentioned in this article? They are more thorough than a regular one. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator

Here's the weird thing, I swiped the notification away today like normal, and it stayed away. 

I hadn't had the chance to do the more thorough reinstall. I'm glad that it's gone, but I have no idea of how it cleared.  

Thanks for your help. 

Hey @Bradcrites,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We appreciate the time you took following the process and posting this reply.

But to make sure it's resolved, we'll be still keeping an eye on similar cases.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away 🙂

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator

It's back.....

After restarting my phone, it came back and won't go away. Has there been any updated information as to what's causing this?

Hey @Bradcrites,

Sorry to see the issue has reappeared!
When you get the chance, could you try the the abovementioned complete clean reinstall steps, linked by @OscarDC?
We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

VasilModerator

Suggested posts