Country

Israel

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I use Spotify on Samsung Galaxy S10, connected to on my car's (Kia Sportage) multimedia via bluetooth.

I cannot see album cover of the song that I'm listening.

My son, with an Iphone X connected with bluetooth to my car with Spotify has the cover shown on the car display and I would like to have that feature too.

Is this an option for Android? 

Thanks,

*snip*

3 Replies

Hi, I was looking for more info on that issue and found this other thread, in which the community user also says it supposedly works with an iPhone X... now it got me curious if this is a bug or if previous iPhones indeed have a restriction.

In my case, both my wife and I tested with iPhones 7 and 8. No album cover whatsoever (we're not using Apple CarPlay). But what triggered me was the fact Deezer sends the album art as a metadata and it shows in the car display.

And what's also strange: on yet another thread, the same issue was moved as an idea. Can we have some clarification here, whether this is a bug or whether only some devices will transmit this metadata to the car sound system? Is there some kind of technical limitations on older iPhones only? I don't think so, as Deezer was able to send it just fine...

thx!

Did you ever find an answer to this?

I have the same problem, iPhone connected via USB to my 2016 Sportage shows artwork etc but my android s8 doesn't show any artwork.

Nop

Suggested posts