Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art color is washed out

Solved!

Album art color is washed out

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3. I've noticed that album artwork seems to have too much white in the images. Is this just me or is anyone else having this issue?

Here are some screenshots:

Screenshot_2013-08-12-13-39-25.png     Screenshot_2013-08-12-13-39-31.png

25 Replies

Captain_Packers - I've moved your topic over here in the help section since this seems to be a bug, since only Android suffers from that - iOS version seems to display it just fine. I will escalate it to the Spotify staff for you.

@Marco it is a bug, there was a thread when it was introduced a while back.

The app thinks it cant play the track because theres no subscription.

I believe it was reported but never followed up.

Liam

Hey @RLuko,

Rorey from Spotify here. This issue looks like a bug so we're going to investigate a bit further. Just to clarify, it doesn't look like these tracks unplayable in your market. Also, since you're in the U.S. the radio feature should be available even without a Premium subscription. Finally, having an Android device definitely shouldn't affect the album artwork in this way.

We'll try to get back to you shortly with an update.

Thanks for the reply Rorey. Hopefully this can be fixed soon and I'll be able to switch back to Spotify! Thinking about getting a Premium subscribtion after my Google All Access expires. 🙂

Hey everyone!  I'm happy to say we believe we've spotted and fixed this issue. This is a bug affecting free users which should be fixed in our next Android release. We'll be sure to update you in the coming weeks.

Hi guys. This should now be rolled out. Are you still experiencing the issue? 

Suggested posts