Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art color is washed out

Solved!

Album art color is washed out

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3. I've noticed that album artwork seems to have too much white in the images. Is this just me or is anyone else having this issue?

Here are some screenshots:

Screenshot_2013-08-12-13-39-25.png     Screenshot_2013-08-12-13-39-31.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@RLuko wrote:
OK I think I understand now. But what's the point of graying out every single album art for free users using radio? Obviously every single song will be greyed out because they are a free user. How come this only happens to Android users? I don't remember having this issue on my iPhone.

It never used to be an issue on Android. It was only introduced a few versions back.

Liam

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Have you tried changing your setting "auto adjust image tone" under display settings?

I don't seem to have that setting. Are you sure that setting is on the S3?

Oh maybe it's autoadjust screen tone. But covers look fine on both my android devices so I wondeed if it might be something to do with your phone settings.

Nope, no luck. This is strange 😞

From a blind eye not having the android application the font looks washed out too or am I imagining it? 

Does this happen on all albums? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Oh it's definitely too light but I still think it's a phone problem rather than spotify.

Screenshot_2013-08-12-21-17-12.png

Well that screenshot almost confirms it I guess, do you have any acessibility options or anything set to on? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Nope, no accessibility options are set. I don't see this type of problem in any other app, only in Spotify. Just weird.

This looks like what happens when you can't play a track. The track text is grey as well.

Do you have a premium subscription and are you online?

Liam

I am online and am not subscribed to Premium.

Then that is why it is doing this - as the track is unavailable.

It has been greyed out on free radio for a while now. If you get premium, it'll go back to normal.

So you're telling me that all free Spotify users experience this when using the Radio feature? Why would the track be unavailable if it's playing just fine? It does this for every song I play in Spotify Radio.

No, only free radio. As in US users using radio free.

Premium users won't see it greyed out. Its greyed out because you cant play it normally as you're not premium, you can only play it via radio.

Only US users get free radio. Also, I believe this was reported as a bug but no action taken.

Liam

OK I think I understand now. But what's the point of graying out every single album art for free users using radio? Obviously every single song will be greyed out because they are a free user. How come this only happens to Android users? I don't remember having this issue on my iPhone.
Marked as solution

@RLuko wrote:

It never used to be an issue on Android. It was only introduced a few versions back.

Liam

I can't read the artis/title information on the full screen android player because it is a very dark grey text font (almost black) on a black background. If I select the little 'X' in th upper left and the album art gets minimized, the font changes to white text on black background and it is readable. But this is very annoying. I would like to be able to read the artist/title information while it is playing full screen. Is this a 'feature' designed to get me to pay for premium service? Is the font text white if you subscribe to premium service?

Yes it is white for me (Premium user). Could  you maybe post a screenshot on how it looks for you and upload it here?

I thought you had to be a premium user to have it on an android device anyway?

@SMadden 

People in the US can (only) use the radio function on Spotify mobile without a premium account.

Lucky them, but that's due to licencing agreements. 😉

Suggested posts