Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums and Songs missing from ipad and android devices

Hi all,

I have 16 songs in a playlist for 何韻詩 , this works perfectly on the PC, with either web player or Spotify PC cilent.

However on mobile devices, there are only 9 tracks???
Android: Shows "16 tracks" on Playlist, but only lists 9
iPad   : Shows "9 tracks"  on Playlist, and lists 9

Initially i thought this was a playlist sync issue, but turns out some albums are simply not there on Andriod and iPad.

On the PC, if you click on the Artist, it shows a dozen albums. But on Android/iPad, it only shows 4, which i think is the real issue.

I've already switched off phone, clear cache+saved data etc, but no use.

It's the first time I've used Spotify and this is a rather crippling issue to what looks like a promising service.

Thanks, Ryoma

14 Replies

Hi,

That certainly is odd behaviour. I have escalated this to the mod team for their guidance as it does seem strange.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

By any chance are some of the songs that are in your playlist also stored on your computer? I've found sometimes if you add local files to a playlist, and those local files are not part of the Spotify catalog, you will see that they're either missing or unplayable on your mobile device.

Is it possible to get a link to the playlist?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Playlist -> http://open.spotify.com/user/excalibr-inbox/playlist/27I1x2ec4mendb3cj9z2xt

I don't have local files on the playlist.

hmmmm, sorry for the mis-diagnosis, turns out it's the "Unable to Play Track" problem.

On the iPad, once i changed the setting to not hide unplayable tracks, then i get the full list of 16 songs, though some are greyed out and says "Unable to Play Track" when you click it.

Don't think there's an equivalent UNHIDE setting on the Android mobile, so i can't test playing the greyed out songs.

Thanks, Ryoma

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this one, I suspect there is something weird going on with this playlist, for me it says "34 songs" but I can only see 17 including unplayable.

Going to bump this see if anyone from Spotify can take a look.

Peter

It looks like some of the tracks you added initially have since been removed from our service. Don't lose heart, there's always a chance that these songs will return soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

hmmm, that's strange because the tracks play without problems on the web player or the PC client

Bump!

I got the same problem. Can't find the album on my phone despite it is available on the PC.

What is the album URI - right click on the album cover and copy spotify URI. Which country are you in by the way?

If you add it to a playlist on the PC is it playable on the phone?

Peter

Copy URL doesn't  work:

Not Found

The requested URL /apps/context-actions/3.3.3/ was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at origin-play.spotify.com Port 80

I run Ubuntu/Firefox on my PC, Android on my phone and I'm in Sweden.

The album is Nils Lofgren Acoustic Live. Anyway, I see now that the list of songs is grayed out so I guess this is a rights issue.

I just checked and it's not available in any country.

Thanks!

To bad. It used to be. I'll have to grab it elswhere.  😉

Suggested posts