Premium

Country

Australia

Device

(Windows 10 PC; HTC 510 android phone)

Operating System

(i)

My Question or Issue

I have about 30 albums and 20 playlists downloaded to a SD card on my phone. For about the past 2 months, all the albums disappear from the phone (the list is still there to see, but the downloaded songs are deleted); this does not happen to the playlists. This happens every 2 weeks or so, and I have to download all the albums again.

I have deleted and re-installed Spotify on both my PC and phone, but it keeps happening. I've seen that this problem has been occurring for a couple of years with no solutions, but I'm hoping someone can offer some help

1 Reply

Hey there @piggyboy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. Let's get to the bottom of this 🙂

Since only a part of your downloaded contents seem to disappear there might be something wrong with your cache. In that case we recommend a clean reinstall of the app, which includes clearing the cache ensuring that all corrupted data will be removed. Head here to find out how.

Just a heads-up, this will remove all your downloads and you'll have to download everything again for offline listening.

Before you re-download your complete collection, it'd also be great to check if there's a problem with your SD card. Try switching to your phone's internal storage and see if that makes a change. 

You can also visit this support page for even more info on how to fix issues with your downloads.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts