Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums only display tracks up to 500, seeking is extremely slow

Albums only display tracks up to 500, seeking is extremely slow

https://open.spotify.com/album/12ITA9gL54QeKwshpS7QPG?si=dVPoXgpZRI686ol3bKMqzgPlan Premium

Country Germany

Device OnePlus 6, Lenovo tab4 8 plus

Operating System Android 9 & 8

Besides of listening to music I also do enjoy listening to audio books on Spotify like the one below.

https://open.spotify.com/album/12ITA9gL54QeKwshpS7QPG?si=dVPoXgpZRI686ol3bKMqzg

The audio book has 535 tracks, each around 2 minutes. Seeking between tracks will take from 30 seconds per track (OnePlus device) to a couple of minutes (Lenovo tablet device). Even pausing and resuming has a significant delay. Displaying the whole audiobook is 3 minutes at least and only the first 500 tracks are displayed. When I want to resume at track #515 for example seeking from the last selectable track (#500) to track #515 is a job of half an hour. I am pretty sure that this is neither a device problem not a bandwidth problem because it persists on all of my Android devices and the album itself is already completely downloaded for offline use.

This bug is really annoying.

9 Replies

Hey there @CDrewing!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this up with us.

Right now we have an Ongoing issue with what you seem to be experiencing with your app.  

You can take a look here to leave your details and +Vote in the thread as well.

Hopefully we'll have this sorted out soon, keep an eye on the page for any updates.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Nope. This has nothing to do with Autoplay. Read my initial post. There's everything inside.

Oh, sorry my bad @CDrewing! I included the wrong link.

I meant to direct you to this Ongoing issue

It's about not being able to open albums and audio books loading slowly or not loading at all.

Hope this helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria 

Device iPhone XR

Operating System 16.3

My Question or Issue

hello,

if there are more than 500 titles in an audio book (eg “die säulen der erde“, only the first 500 titles are displayed - see attachment. And it's very difficult if you want to continue listening track 620 or 700 later, to get to this track. Is there a solution for this? Thanks and best regards 

thomas

IMG_0533.PNG

I have the exact same problem here with that audiobook. My „workaround“ is:

1. go direct to track 500

2. click next track until you reach 600

3. close spotify (shutdown! Not background task)

4. restart spotify

5. repeat 2.-4. for next 100 tracks until you reach your track.

It is really annoying especially, when it is a 3 year old known problem.

I can only confirm, this is really annoying. Please fix this issue. It should not be too hard to extend displayed maximum number of titles 

I am experiencing the exact same problem with audiobooks containing more than 500 files.

My workaround is to scroll down to 500, select the last title and press play and then switch to the queue and scroll down there to the upcoming chapters 500+.

Still isn't the solution one would expect after 3 years but it seems like Spotify doesn't want to adapt to audiobooks on their platform. Like the user above already stated, it shouldn't be much of a problem to extend the maximum number of shown titles in an album to more than 500.

The 500 track listing limit in albums seems to be limited to Spotify mobile app (in my case Spotify Android Version 8.8.64.554 on Android 13).

To get past this limit as a workaround, on a computer that has Spotify Desktop installed, select the remainder of the trackers from track 501 onward and save them to your own playlist.

Now you can access this playlist from the mobile app and list and easily navigate through the tracks beyond the 500 track limit.

Not sure why they haven’t fixed this after 3 years.

Suggested posts