Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Subscription] Play Equal Quality Downloaded Songs Instead of Streaming

[All Platforms][Subscription] Play Equal Quality Downloaded Songs Instead of Streaming

Spotify needs to take preference when playing already downloaded songs over streaming them without toggling Offline Mode. When the download quality is better than or equal to the streaming quality there is no reason to "redownload" the songs. 

It is a waste of battery, data and internet traffic. 

This effect is apparent when a downloaded song cuts off due to being disconnected from the internet. 

This QoL change will help Premium users with battery life and greatly improve functionality in cases of poor internet. 

1 Reply

Hey @NaitNait, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

This doesn't sound quite right- referencing another Community topic, downloaded songs should be playing directly from the cache and not using any data connection or bandwidth. 

I just tested on my phone (iPhone 7) and the music didn't cut out as I switched my internet on and off a few times. Could you try a fresh reinstall of the app by deleting Spotify, rebooting your phone, and then installing Spotify again? If this behavior continues, let me know and I can help with further steps.

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts