Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello, I'm a fairly new user of Spotify premium.  When I first started I was mildly disappointed that you couldn't like individual songs from saved/liked albums. That didn't bother me a great deal.  However, after a recent update, all songs from all saved albums have been added to my Liked Songs playlist.  From what I've read, this might be desirable for some people based on older versions.  For me it filled my playlist with hundreds of songs I didn't individaully like.  This doesn't seem to be correct according to the help site which points out the button to specifically like all songs in an album.  That implies it shouldn't be automatic.  I've tried removing a few saved albums and it doesn't take out the songs from the playlist, so it doesn't look to be easily reversable.  Any feedback on whether this is a deliberate feature or some way to disable it would be welcome.

3 Replies

Hey @NoTimeToulouse.

Thanks for posting your question in the Community 🙂

This is indeed a deliberate change - we recently rolled out a new version of Your Library to all mobile users. You can read up on these changes in more detail here.

We regularly run updates to improve your experience with the app. The refreshed “Your Library” was developed to help you manage and access your favorites faster. It’s the first version of this update and we’ll continue to build on it based on your feedback.

Hope that answers your question! We'll be here in case there's anything else 😉

Hello @Peter,

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it.  I just want to be sure I understand here.  The link you referred me to states: Now, when you like (<3) an album, the songs in the album won’t be added to your Liked Songs playlist.  This was indeed my experience up until a short time ago.  However one day all the songs on my liked albums ended up on the liked playlist.  It went from ~90 to 500+ overnight as best as I could tell.  If this is automatic it doesn't seem like the like all songs in album option has much use.

I've tried removing a few saved albums but no change was immediately visible.  The song count seems to have dropped when I wasn't using it, but since the songs from the removed albums are still on there I have no idea what was removed.  I've tried adding an album and nothing changed immediately, though it doesn't seem to update in real time so it could be different later on.

Do you think this is maybe more a glitch due to an interim update or something like that?  Thanks for your help.

@Peter wrote:

Hey @NoTimeToulouse.

Thanks for posting your question in the Community 🙂

This is indeed a deliberate change - we recently rolled out a new version of Your Library to all mobile users. You can read up on these changes in more detail here.

We regularly run updates to improve your experience with the app. The refreshed “Your Library” was developed to help you manage and access your favorites faster. It’s the first version of this update and we’ll continue to build on it based on your feedback.

Hope that answers your question! We'll be here in case there's anything else 😉

Hi Peter.

This 'deliberate change' was a poor one as evidenced by your play store reviews and own community.

Every night, before I fall asleep, I pray to the Lord Google Christ that this version will be un-rolled when I wake.

Suggested posts