Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All music clips like a vinyl record would jump making Spotify unusable..

Solved!

All music clips like a vinyl record would jump making Spotify unusable..

Description

When playing any music via Spotify whether I'm online or offline the tracks skip/jump as though I am listening to a vinyl record that is scratched

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

Has been happening for the last few months, though earlier versions of Spotify didn't do this

Playing tracks via Wifi, Offline and the radio all do it it after a few minutes of listening.

Audio quality does not have an effect i've tried normal, high and extreme, with and without gapless play 

What I expected to happen

Music should not skip/jump!

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

LG Optimus 4X HD

Device’s Operating System

4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

10GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

12GB

Is your device rooted?

“No”

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

“No”

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Don't use mobile data

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

When using WiFi, & Offline

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

N/A

My mobile provider and country

EE & UK 

My username

knewgrass

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

yes

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Spotify login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

N/A

Is it at all possible to download an older version of Spotify, say 6 months old and see what happens with that?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. Just another thought. Are you using any sort of equaliser - the one built into spotify or any other? Tried turning it/them off?

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Is it possible for Spotify on Android to act as a media player for my local MP3 files (those that are on the phone already) ?

I thought that this was once the case?

I don't mean sync via the desktop which I know it does do.

I'm trying to replicate a problem I get with all music (online and offline) clipping like vinyl records jumping, on Spotify.

Local music plays fine on my phone, so I thought that if they were playable on Spotify I could see if the problem happens with them before requesting further help.

Many thanks

Spotify can only play music which is in the cache or streamed Spotify content. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in this thread?

Yep, went through all those steps this morning, forgot to mention that even radio jumps, it's making Spotify unuseable on my phone

(LG Optimus 4X HD)

I'm going to submit it with all the detail required but I don't hold out much hope of getting a fix...

cheers

@jwylot wrote:

Spotify can only play music which is in the cache or streamed Spotify content. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in this thread?

There is an old version (5.2 from memory) on m.spotify.com but I don't think it would help. How are you listening to music - wired phones, bluetooth or the built in speakers?

EDIT: I've merged the threads to make it easier to follow.Hope that's OK.

I listen via all methods mentioned and it happens with all of them.

Cheers

Let's try to narrow this down to spotify. How is your sound quality if you play an mp3 music file using the stock phone music player? 

@jwylot wrote:

Let's try to narrow this down to spotify. How is your sound quality if you play an mp3 music file using the stock phone music player? 

Sorry should have mentioned that, I can play mp3's that are on the phone non stop with no issues, that was why I wanted to see if local mp3's could be played via Spotify to see what happens, but as it doesn't allow that I couldn't try it.

I've just installed 0.5.11.4 and am downloading a playlist to see what happens, i'll post results shortly.

Ok. I'll wait for news.

Had high hopes, it jumped once and I then closed the link to Facebook, and it went two songs without jumping, but then started again, including the songs that it hadn't earlier, so no clue as to what it could be.

Very frustrating, but I appreciate your suggestions....

No worries. Did you do a clean reinstall, including manually deleting the spotify cache files as detailed in that troubleshooting post? If not, can you do so please and download the current app from Play.

@jwylot wrote:

No worries. Did you do a clean reinstall, including manually deleting the spotify cache files as detailed in that troubleshooting post? If not, can you do so please and download the current app from Play.

Yep did all that three times today....running out of ideas.

Spotify is so good for me, but this is a major issue for me staying as a premium customer.

I appreciate all that you have done so far, do you think there is likely to be anybody from Spotify tecs reading this as I think we have gone as far as we can?

I'll ask one of the Spotify guys to look in 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi. Just another thought. Are you using any sort of equaliser - the one built into spotify or any other? Tried turning it/them off?

@jwylot wrote:

If you were local I'd by you a pint!

Sure enough having taken your advice I've uninstalled Equalizer by Smart Android Apps and the clipping has stopped.

I played it 20 minutes or so last night and nearly an hour or so this morning and so far so good.

I only used the equalizer in the car so I won't miss it and I didn't even realise there was a built in one, I'll try that one if needed and see what happens.

So many thanks for all of your input and I'll keep my fingers crossed just a little longer!

Cheers

Allan

Awesome news. Glad it works now 🙂

Suggested posts