Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All references to queue are missing

All references to queue are missing

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

What I tried already: Restart phone. Full clean install with cleared cache and storage. 

Problem: I don't see add to queue anywhere. Nor do I see any way to view or manage the queue. When using android auto, I see what I assume is the queue, but there is no way to add, change, or delete anything from it. 

Looking at this support link: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/play-queue/ 

I have no play queue icon. if I press the vertical ... button on either a podcast episode, or in the now playing screen, I see the options add to playlist, download, share, go to podcast, and go to episode. I do not see add to queue.

I believe that I did see this option when I originally installed the app several days ago. Presumably the queue still exists, as I see a list of upcoming podcasts in android auto. 

I'd also like to say that the only reason I'm using spotify is because several of my favorite podcasts have gone spotify exclusive. Options for controlling podcasts are very sparse. It might be great for music, but it's trash for managing podcasts. I wish spotify had considered improving the podcast handling before they went on a big push to bring a bunch of podcasts exclusive. No automatic download, no automatic way to control number of episodes downloaded, no control over what will play next, no automatic queuing of new episodes, and now no queue at all?

I don't want to miss out on my favorite podcasts, but if spotify makes it this difficult to listen to them, I'm worried that is what I'll have to do.  

0 Replies

Suggested posts