Device

G8X ThinQ

Amazon Echo Dot (3rd gen)

Windows 10 PC

Operating System

Android 10

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Within the last week I have found that my Alexa Echo devices are only able to play 3 songs before freezing up. After the third song I am unable to go to the next song or play any other music until I go to my Spotify phone app and "forget" the device. This happens to all of my Echo devices, with each getting 3 songs in before freezing up.

Something worth noting is that I used to be able to control my Echo devices via my phone app. They do not seem to sync any more -- moving to the next song or selecting new music on my phone does not control my Echo devices. I am also able to play other songs on my phone while each of my Echo devices play their own unique songs; previously only one song could play at a time on my account regardless of what devices I had connected. I'm wondering if these issues have something to do with that change in behavior?

1 Reply

After about 2 hours with support, we found this was NOT happening on a test account. They made me a brand new account with all my music and issues persisted. After some more testing I found this only happens to exceptionally large playlists -- it seems like after the 2500 song count things start to bug out.

Suggested posts