Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android 4.3 on Galaxy S3 - Playback adversely impacted

Android 4.3 on Galaxy S3 - Playback adversely impacted

Vodafone Ireland have rolled out Android 4.3 to Samsung GS3 devices. There is an issue with Spotify playback, it is being affected by the new update.

It seems that the new OS is terribly sensitive to changes in data connection and this is causing Spotify issues with playback - it stops and starts and skips through a track, vsimilar to playing an old dirty CD. Spotify does eventually rectify itself but it ruins the listening experience.

It was a very rare occurrence with the previous 4.2 OS.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? 

6 Replies

As a workaround for the time being, offline playlists are generally a good idea 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah i get this too in the UK rollout. The music i'm playing is in offline mode too.

A lot of songs are unplayable, and to be honest i end up shutting spotify off.

Yep, I'm toying with that idea as well. It seems quite sporadic but when it happens an entire song becomes unplayable. Disappointing. There are lots of other issues with this update so I'm not blaming Spotify BTW

I agree, i think its more of a sumsung issue as i had other issues too. I'm sure it will get fixed.

I did also notice when i could play music the output volum would fluctuate too.

Also equalizer works much worse and music plays considerably more quiet.

I fully agrre that the eq works very bad after update. The sound quality is much poorer and volume turns so low when I use eq, that I have to have it at maximum level. But suddenly the Spotify eq turns off by itself and the volume rises to earbreaking level!  Also there is loud clicks in the earphone, when I change songs or turn eq on/off.

Its not funny to have invested in expensive earphones, when this happens...

Suggested posts