Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android 4.4] Spotify doesnt load images

Solved!

[Android 4.4] Spotify doesnt load images

Hey guys,
I have a problem. My spotify doesnt load any images anymore. No single covers, not in 'Discover', nowhere...

What to do? Im using the nexus 5 with android 4.4, wifi and 3g connections are ok.

Thanks

EDIT: I just changed the Subject to make it stand out 🙂

--

Edit by Per, to link to latest update from Spotify.

2013-11-27 update by Per.

2013-11-28 update by Per:

Thanks for your feedback, everyone. As this is resolved, I'm locking this thread.

Some users were reporting issues with lockscreen controls on KitKat (4.4). If you want to weigh in on that issue, please do so in this thread.

197 Replies

Images! Yay! Lock screen working correctly as well. Thanks for getting this test build to us.

Brian

This is what I have been talking about. Give the users a beta/test apk and they/we will not only like you more, they/we will also test the application for you!

God work!

@Goodman 

It's working well on my Nexus 7, the images are back and no other noticeable problems so far 🙂 

BTW (and I know this is probably the wrong place to ask) but what's the meaning of the tick symbol next to tracks played from a collection?

P.S. This new version also seems to have fixed the problem with Bass Boost in the equaliser which stopped working after the upgrade to Android 4.4.

Per, you're the best! Working perfectly on my Nexus 5, no problems yet.

It works, thanks! (Nexus 4)

1. I don't care but some people where complaining about next/prev buttons disappearing after skipping a song. It still does happen. 

2. It might not be easy to do (i do not know what you have in the database) but would be great to have higher res artworks 😉 

.apk installed for me and seems to be working fine so far on my Nexus 5 4.4 Build KRT16M.

Thanks Per for sending this out to test, seems like you guys are the b to something 🙂

@blaraka: You're right, just noticed it on the lockscreen widget. It does not happen always, sometimes the back and next buttons disappear and sometimes only one of the buttons. But imho the cover art issue was much more important.

On the higher-res pics: It would be nice to have as the cover art looks quite pixelated and washed-out on the lockscreen. But, as I said, it would be only nice to have but I don't really need it.

Thanks! Images are back on my Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.

@blaraka

100% agree: 1) lockscreen controls sometimes disappear, but I couldn't really reproduce how and when this happens. Seems to be pretty random.

2) the resolution of the artwork isn't high enough to look good on the lockscreen if the device has a 1080p display.

Next/prev buttons on lockscreen disappearing after skipping a song aside from that all seems to be working properly, album arts are back yeah! Thank you..

Works for me. Thanks @Goodman  for sharing the update with us this way.

Yes works for me too on Nexus 4.

Yes. Working on rooted Verizon Moto X with 4.4

Yes!  That's more like it 🙂

Working for me on a stock (unrooted) Nexus 5 running 4.4 with ART compiler enabled.

Yup, that's sorted it out for me (Nexus 5). Thanks Per!

Thanks for the fix! 🙂

Hi per thanks for ť update! However the lockscreen buttons get faulty at times on my nexus 5

The fix works. Art work is back again on my Android runnung Kitkat.

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback, everyone. As this is resolved, I'm locking this thread.

Some users were reporting issues with lockscreen controls on KitKat (4.4). If you want to weigh in on that issue, please do so in this thread.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts