Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android 4.x] No option for extreme quality streaming/download in settings

Solved!

[Android 4.x] No option for extreme quality streaming/download in settings

updated on my tablet last night.....only have the choice of normal and high quality for streams but extreme quality is still availible for downloads.......is this right? plop 😞

Edit - I suddenly have this on another device running android 4.1 so I've edited the title again 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Right don't laugh! But if you tilt your tablet from portrait to landscape and back extreme quality appears....try it, it's bonkers but 100% FACT

View solution in original post

14 Replies

That is odd. Just checked on my Nexus 5 running 0.7.4 and I have extreme quality available for both streaming & download.

Maybe try clearing data from android settings - apps - Spotify and then relogging in.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I noticed this too on my Nexus 7 running android 4.4 but actually selecting the dropdown a second time made extreme quality reappear. No such problem on my phone running 4.3.

Yeah my phone is fine with the update, my tablet however still only has normal and high for streaming after 3 data clears and a reinstall of the app, extreme download quality does appear which is even more bizzzzzzarrrr (pirates)

Hmmm........my Nexus 7 just stopped showing extreme quality. I'm going to fiddle with it a bit then escalate it to the staff.

If anyone else is seeing this, please post device, android version, spotify version here. Thanks 🙂

OK, I did a clean reinstall and still no extreme quality showing. I'm going to escalate this to staff.

EDIT: I changed the thread subject slightly - hope that's OK.

Marked as solution

Right don't laugh! But if you tilt your tablet from portrait to landscape and back extreme quality appears....try it, it's bonkers but 100% FACT

Haha......so it does. Seems like a GUI bug somewhere. I'll pass it on 🙂

Thanks for all the info guys, I've passed this on to be looked into!

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

awesome, thanks for the info.  I was having issues with this

thanks for the advice, I was having this problem too on my Galaxy note 10.1 .

Just to let you know, from my non-scientific tests this looks purely like a graphics/display glitch and even when extreme mode vanishes, the extreme setting still applies 🙂

Please fix that bug pronto. I have a minix neo x7 mini and I can't rotate the screen to get the extreme quality which pretty much suck since thats the one connectet over ehternet. The tilting worked on the pad.

If it was set to extreme then it will stay on extreme even though it doesn't show. I'm sure a fix is in the pipeline.pronto or not.

Opened this as a bug over in the bugs section here

Going to close this topic for now.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts