Plan

Premium

Country

Device 

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Since the update to Android 9, the app randomly shutdown, background commands especially on Bluetooth device don't work and every time i restart the phone the selected memory switches back to device and I have to switch it back to SD and download again the tracks. Please help, the app is now nearly useless 

9 Replies

I have the same issue - when connected to BT in my car, even though the car is set in Smart Lock, my background controls suddenly stop working - like skip and back.

I have to touch the phone to wake up and when back at the spotify screen it works again.  Also get the app crashing as well.

If anyone has any ideas?

I resolved. In order to do that  you need to clear cash, data, manually erase data both from phone and SD. Then you must uninstall the app and finally install that back again from store.

That worked for me and for my girlfriend too

thanks i'll give that a go!

Did doing that solve the problem with the controls? I used to be able to change the song in the car with the buttons on my steering wheel but now they do nothing, same with my bt headphones...

Yes it did resolve the issues with my cat being able to control. Only
downside was had to completely reinstall the app and then download all my
offline music again.

I've done that twice. Ow. It will work for a few days, and then do it again. My tablet doesn't have this issue. And my friends phone just updated to the 9, and her spotify is doing it now too.

Hopefully they can fix it soon. Mine has crashed 5 times in the last hour.

I've been having these issues for the last couple of weeks too. I've cleared cache and storage for both the Spotify and Bluetooth apps, uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify twice (which meant having to download all my local files), and each time the problem is solved for a few hours/days before returning. I've also tried turning off notifications, waze and the car view settings as suggested in another post, with no joy.

Hopefully we can get a fix for this soon.... 

The fix at the link below seems to have worked for me (so far)

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Support-issue-after-update-to-Android-Pie/td-p/4659865

I tried your solution and it works but only 2-3 days. After these days the application has the same issue. For me, uninstall the app  and reinstall from store is not the solution.
Same issue on Galaxy S8 android 9 and Galaxy s10+ android 9 

Suggested posts