Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android APP Eating My Battery On Phone

Android APP Eating My Battery On Phone

This has been going on forever now... just thought i would post about it.

Spotify on my phone crashes alot and also, once i quit spotify; it still runs in the background and makes my phone very hot draining my phone battery to 0%. even if i force close the app, it still running in the background and kills the battery. I have to manually restart my phone everytime i listen from my phone, online and offline, streaming and downloaded music. ive tried uninstalling, and reinstalling to see if they works... but no go. this is getting a bit.... absurd.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Indulge  looks like this

Android OS: 2.2.1

2 Replies

Are you sure you are quitting the app and not just returning to home? Make sure to select Exit from the menu and OK the pop-up.

After that is it still running if you look at the Android task manager (running, not cached). Are you saying that if you force-stop it then it just starts again?

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Hey,

I've the same problem on my SGS phone.

After looking for answer on web, I've concluded this problem exists for at least one year ago... and it's no longer fixed...

I've changed my battery before understand the problem was coming from Spotify android App.

Because Spotify App compromises my phone battery integrity, I no longer think the premium charge is justified.

If we have to restart the phone after each use otherwise we have to load battery phone twice a day because of battery drain by Spotify App, this shows the size of the problem.

Why the new app didn't fixed this problem ? When will we have the resolution ?

Suggested posts