Plan

Premium

Device
Tested on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S20

Operating System

Android 10

Info about Smartwatch:
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, One UI Watch version 2.0, Tizen version 5.5.0.1

When I have the Spotify App installed on my smartwatch, and use it in remote mode, the phone app that it is controlling will eventually break. The way it breaks is that it will get frozen at a single timestamp on a song, as if it were paused on the song. However, I can still play and pause the song, and it will even play the next songs in queue. So the song being displayed is unrelated to the actual status. It usually breaks within 10 minutes with maybe a couple play/pauses from the phone and/or watch. 

Only workaround I have is to uninstall the Spotify app on my watch, and then I need to clear data on my Android Spotify app to unbreak it. I would like to use the Spotify app on my watch though as it seems quite useful as a remote for my phone.

1 Reply

Hi there @gilm,

Thanks for bringing this up.

It sounds like the issue you are experiencing might be connected to the recent Tizen update. Our team is aware of this and is currently looking into it. Go ahead and add your +Vote and subscribe to this thread in order to stay up to date with any developments on the case.

Hope you find this helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have further questions. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts