Free/Premium

Country

Canada

Device

LG G7 ThinQ

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify Premium has been great for me until last week when the app on my phone started acting up.  Almost nothing loads, including songs, album art, the actual app, etc.  Clearing the app from the "app drawer" makes the app completely broken, as trying to open it afterwards only displays a Spotify logo forever on end.  After reinstalling the app from the Play Store, opening it gives me a message that "Spotify isn't responding."  Yes, I have tried everything; quick uninstalls, clean uninstalls, deleting "com.spotify.music", clearing all cache on my phone, signing out from all devices, and I even contacted SpotifyCares on Twitter, but they couldn't fix the issue either.  I have 11 GB free on my internal storage and 30 GB free on my microSD card.  The weirdest part of this is that Spotify Lite works on my phone (I personally don't like the app as much as the main app though).  I have tried the normal Spotify Android App on my old Samsung Tablet and the app works great, so I just don't understand what I can do to fix this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Screenshot_20200624-120342.png
Screenshot_20200624-120350.png
1 Reply

Hey there @RicoMusic

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If none of the in-app features of Spotify can load successfully on your LG and the app keeps on crashing you might be experiencing an issue that we're currently investigating in search for a solution. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful if you subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts