Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I've been having problems with my Spotify account since my last phone, which was a Huawei P8 Lite 2017, and it is that it takes ridiculous time to load a search for a song, and then the song itself takes even more time, and it happens with everything, even if I have the song downloaded (it takes fewer time, but still).

This problem does not happen in my PC, and it is not a problem with the internet because other people in my house run spotify easily, so my guess is that somehow is a problem with my account.

3 Replies

Hey there @Chancho69!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

You can start off by trying a clean reinstall of the app to make sure you have the latest version and that any outdated files are removed.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

If that doesn't solve the issue, could you let us know if you experience this on 3/4G, Wi-Fi or both? 

If a family member has a Spotify account, it could also be a good idea to ask them to log in on your device to see if the app behaves the same way.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've already tried the clean re-install and the issue still remains. I've been using both wi-fi and 4G and the situation remains the same in both. I signed in using my girlfriend's phone (in which she can browse her spotify account without my issue) and it is still running slow.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop @Chancho69!

If you notice the issue on a different device, your initial guess seems correct - it might be your account that is causing the trouble.

You can take a look at this Spotify Answer to see how to create a new account and transfer your music to it.

We hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts