Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android: App starts itself and beginns playing music

Solved!

Android: App starts itself and beginns playing music

Got following problem with the Android app:

Mobile is lying on the table - no one is touching it, no apps are running actively. Then it suddenly starts playing the last song I was listening to in spotify. If you unlock the display you can see the spotify app running an playing the song. 

This happened two times: yesterday at 11:45 am and today at 08:23 am. WLAN is deactivated, NFC is deactivated, Bluetooth is deactivated. The first time I have not even been at my desk. My boss was very shocked about the loud music (and kind of music :-)). 

My mobile is an Asus Padfone 2 running Android 4.1.1 (not rooted or modified). 

Has anyone had a problem like this? If this occures again, I will have to uninstall the app in the moring and have to install it every evening... -.-

regards Philipp

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's very weird. Many people have the completely opposite problems of the app not starting properly on a prompt like plugging headphones back in or just not being able to remember where in a playlist it got to after two minutes of inactivity.

It's a longshot, but do you have anything like a task killer installed that could maybe be prompting the app to see if it's needed and causing it to think it needs to start playing?

Rather than uninstall the app, you could try force killing it from within the Android system settings, Apps section - that should stop it.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

That's very weird. Many people have the completely opposite problems of the app not starting properly on a prompt like plugging headphones back in or just not being able to remember where in a playlist it got to after two minutes of inactivity.

It's a longshot, but do you have anything like a task killer installed that could maybe be prompting the app to see if it's needed and causing it to think it needs to start playing?

Rather than uninstall the app, you could try force killing it from within the Android system settings, Apps section - that should stop it.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thank you for your help!

If I kill the running spotify task after I stopped listening it had never shown the problem again.

So I stop spotify by task manager and the problem is solved.

I too had the same problem last night, it just started playing at 5 in the morning at first i thought it was an alarm i forgot to turn off, but then i saw it was spotify playing a song i don't even have in one of my playlists

I had experienced this problem too, recently. A spooky incident I suppose... Haha. I was really took by surprise when a random track on Spotify just played automatically... 😄

I am experiencing this exact problem after every time I have finished a listening session with Spotify. After some random time (usually 10mins - 8 hours) after I have stopped the music and left Spotify on background, it will suddenly start playing the same song I was last listening.

To be honest, I don't think the real solution can be always killing Spotify from task manager, because it's not always possible to remember to do that...

This problem can cause some really annoying situations, if it happens during important meetings or when sleeping.

I'm experiencing this using Spotify on One Plus One phone, Android 4.4.4 / Cyanogen OS 11S.

I am fuming after my Spotify going off at 2am for two days on the trott. 2.03am and then 2.07am this morning. I have logged out of the app and cleared the cache. If it happens again, I am deleting the app. Very poor.

Suggested posts